Hi, I’m Mattea and I help moms in California homeschool with confidence despite a long to-do list!
I would like to help you figure out what type of homeschooling method is best for your family, what curriculum works best for everyone, and how to organize and put it all together.
I am really good at organizing, coming up with helpful ideas, motivating, listening, and identifying talents.
Before I became a mom I was a special education teacher and loved creating plans and making a difference in the lives of others. I hope with this blog I can continue to make a difference.
I’m rooting for you in your homeschool journey. You can do it!!!
Some fun things about me!
1. I’m a leftie.
2. Oddly enough I’m also double-jointed.
3. When I can I work on my family tree and try to help people find lost loved ones.
4. I looked into becoming a private investigator at one point.
5. I worked at Taco Bell in the 90s and am still a big fan even though they took my favorites off of the menu.
6. I geek out at Staples, Office Depot, or any store like that. I’m an office supply hoarder. I try to rein it in.
7. I’m not a fan of celery. I tried.
8. I have 15 older siblings from my mom and dad combined. I’ll draw you a picture of my family tree sometime.
9. I consider myself a Xennial. I live between the world of Generation X and Millenials. I remember phone booths and had a Sony walkman!
10. I am a highly sensitive introvert. I carefully plan social events so I don’t get drained. You can catch me by email or on social media.
Finding the time to homeschool, manage a household and work is no easy feat!
You have so much on your plate that you can’t keep up with all of it.
I provide solutions to make juggling everything easier for busy moms who want to homeschool their children but don’t know where to start or how to do it.
My blog helps you find time by simplifying your schedule, picking an educational approach that works for you and managing your workload so that you can fit everything in.
You must be wondering?
Becoming a Special Education Teacher!
Despite having graduated from college, I had no idea what career path to take. After a brief stint as a claims adjuster, I soon realized it literally made me sick. I decided to give education a try. I loved it and learned that individualized education is awesome.
Homeschooling as a WAHM
I discovered that I need to be more than just a “mom.” I tried about a dozen work-from-home ideas before I figured out what I wanted to do that fit my life and make money. Homeschooling is right there in the mix too! Time management and keeping thing simple is so far saving my sanity…on most days.